It’s only 24 hours away! Here’s how to attend IndieReCon, now matter where you are in the world and what time you want to tune in.
IndieReCon is designed to be easy to attend and catch up on, no matter how busy you are (and indie authors are always busy) and no matter where you live in the world.
REAL TIME ATTENDANCE
Just come across to www.indierecon.org when the event you want to attend is published.
Events will be going live over the three days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, the 15th,16th and 17th of April.
- We will be sending you a individual email about each event.
- ~ As we will have a session almost every hour across the three days of the conference, to avoid being overwhelmed by receiving a communication each hour, we suggest that you set up a separate folder in your email inbox labelled IndieReCon, which will allow you to keep the emails all together.
- ~ You can then search through the mails, when you’re free, to pick and choose the conference sessions that are of most interest to you.
While we welcome your real-time attendance, especially for our live events where you will be able to ask questions of the presenters through the comments box, do know that it is possible to watch any time after the event goes live, whenever you want. This is the advantage of an online conference and what makes IndieReCon unique.
ATTENDING THE LIVE EVENTS
Live Google Hangouts On Air
We will be using Google Hangout On Air for our live video sessions. It’s very easy to join in, especially if you have a Google plus page or a Gmail address.
Google Hangouts is a very good platform for authors to use for all sorts of purposes and attending one of the Hangouts is a good win for you to familiarise yourself with the platform, if you haven’t used it before.
Some things to note:
- ~ Anyone can attend a Google Hangout On Air, but only Google users (people with a Google+ profile or a Gmail address) can post questions through the Q&A app on the video.
- ~ If the Q&A app is being used, your questions will appear on the right side of the screen — this is also where you can submit your questions as well. Simply click “Ask a new question” and the moderator will see it.
- ~ If you don’t (want to) own a Google account, you can submit questions ahead of time or after the event in the comments box on the IndieReCon page below, and they will be answered there.
- Live TwitterChats
#IndieReCon Twitterchats will be happening each day of the conference. Follow the hashtag, or use Twubs or a similar program to jump into the chat with comments on the seminars, speakers, etc. Twitter chats are a wonderful way to increase your followers overnight.
April 15 10:00 AM EDT / 2:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM London
April 16: 12:00 PM EDT / 4:00 PM GMT / 5:00 PM London
April 17: 9:00 AM EDT / 1:00 PM GMT / 2:00 PM London
We are very excited about our great lineup of events. Do spread the word to your author friends. We’ve provided ways that make it easy for you to do that here and here, and there’s “Share the Knowledge” social media buttons at the end of each event post.
See you there!