I’m still keeping my promise to stay healthy and loose weight; but I went on a binge during a very stressful month and gained about ten pounds.
Now I’m on the right track again. In addition, I’m walking to combat stress and keep toned.
Here’s a nice low calorie salad I tried last week that has two of my favorite foods: mangoes and cashews. Enjoy!
Chopped Chicken Cashew Salad
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small mango (about 8 0z.), peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion greens
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz. chopped cooked skinless chicken (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
In a serving bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, lime and orange juices, sesame and canola oils, soy sauce and crushed red pepper. Add cabbages, carrots, mango, cilantro and scallions. Toss until coated well. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide vegetable mixture among 4 plates. Top with chicken and cashews and serve.